Sunday, December 31, 2017

Looking Ahead to 2018 - Day 31

Tristinn Looks Ahead to 2018

It's resolution time! Rather than a couple BIG resolutions, I'm going with a few monthly little ones. Here's what I hope to focus on in January:

1) Sip for Peace 2018 - Some of you may already know that I really enjoy drinking tea. It's delicious, healthy, and a great way to connect with others. This year I went to the Northwest Tea Festival in Seattle where I heard about the Sip for Peace 2018. I loved the idea as soon as I heard about it. Click on the link to learn lots, but essentially, I plan to take a few minutes of each day to thoughtfully drink tea and meditate on the idea of world peace. It's going to be great!

2) No Sugar January - As many people do after the holiday season, I think I need a few weeks to purge the holiday food festivities. I look forward to a month of sugar cleansing.

3) No "Stuff" Buying - As I mentioned already this month, I want to spend less money on "stuff" in 2018. So, I made a list of items that I can't buy in 2018 unless I run out/need them. That list includes things like clothing, "smelly" things (candles, soaps, etc.), tea, and office supplies (it's every teacher's kryptonite). I plan to continue this throughout the rest of the year.

4) Read 2 Books - As I aimed this year, I would like to read 24 books in 2018. So, we'll start with two.

I hope to continue blogging this year about how these monthly goals go for me. I'll see you back here in a month to check in!

Here's to 2018 and the greatness it will bring!

Annie Looks Ahead to 2018!

For January I would like to try a couple of things: 

1. Sign up for a 10k- I've fallen off the running wagon, and I want to get back on. Finding a race will be the best way to help myself toward that goal.

2. No sugar in January- I have been thinking about this for a while. I think I would like to do the whole year (2013 who?), but let's start with a month.

3. Head towards veganism- I will start by being a vegan for two meals a day three days a week and build from there. 

4. Find a way to be involved in the community- This may mean volunteering somewhere, or joining a book group of some kind, but I would like to broaden my world in Asheville in 2018

I think there is definitely more to add to this list, but I want to work month-by-month in making my world a little better and starting with a short list is a big enough job. 2018, here we come!


No comments:

Post a Comment