Saturday, December 30, 2017

Goodbye, Money- Day Twenty-Nine.

Today was my last day making money until March. I start full-time student teaching on Tuesday, and won't be working for the first half of that experience. This is putting stress on Tommy and I when it comes to money. We've been working hard these last few months to save money and make my lack of work possible, but were still nervous.

Then something happened. I crashed my car, and totaled it. While this felt like a terribly inconvenient event at first, it wasn't. My insurance company gave me a pretty big check for my car. While this hasn't solved all of our problems, it does make things easier.

My goal for 2018 is to buy nothing non-essential before April. To work with Tommy on the budget, and making things work. And to hopefully be in a much more comfortable place by June of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment