What I Learned This Year = Health & Food
This year, I didn't really have any big health or food moments. However, I had lots of little small ones...
-- Back in March, I read the book In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan. In it, the author talks about the connections between politics and nutrition as well as how food interacts in different cultures. It was really interesting and expanded my ideas about what health really actually means.
-- I spent 3 months traveling in Asia eating ANYTHING that I was served. This meant that I tried a lot of weird food. It was so fun to experience food as something much bigger than nourishment or entertainment...it's how we experience culture in its fullest form. Food is the doorway to others.
-- I visited the Cup of Noodle museum. The founder is reported to have said, "Sport and food are the two axles of health". I couldn't agree more.
Sometimes, it's the small things that really are the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment