Monday, December 25, 2017

Healthier Choices- Day Twenty-Four.

I have a problem. My problem is that when I eat meat/eggs/dairy I feel guilty. The guilt isn't so much the problem because it pushes me to make better choices. The problem is the result of the guilt. It's what I do after I eat the animal-based products.

I follow a lot of rescue farms on Instagram, so it's not hard to find videos/pictures/stories of animals being killed. And so often Tommy has walked in to find me crying- yesterday it was because I watched a video about baby chickens being shredded- and is so upset that I'm do that to myself.

I need to make better choices. Not just with what I consume through food, but what I consume through the Internet.

My goal by the end of 2018 is to be vegan. I want to start slow, because I know it's going to be challenging. I would like to start with three days a week, two meals a day vegan and see how it goes. To start watching videos and reading books about the lifestyle and to slowly transition.

Tristinn, you want to be vegan in 2018? It could be a blogging series!

No comments:

Post a Comment