What I Learned This Year = Money
I feel very privileged when it comes to money. I don't have a ton of it, but I have enough to create a happy life. Because of this privilege, I've started to think more carefully about the power of my money.
Every purchase I make communicates what I care about. It makes an impact on someone, somewhere. I want my money to do kind things, not harmful things. I want the purchases I make to increase the goodness in this world rather than fuel corruption, greed, wastefulness, or destruction. What this means is that I have to do a lot more research and think a lot more carefully about the things I purchase.
This isn't always easy. And I don't always do it as well as I should/could. Take today for example. My family is staying at a beach house on the Oregon coast, and today was our family outing to the Lincoln City Outlet Malls. I spent money less thoughtfully than I would have liked...and enjoyed doing it.
So, just like any other change in my life, learning how to use money well is a process that I hope to continue to learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment