Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Quality Over Quantity - Day 12

Bigger Dreams 2018 = Relationships

When I sat down to write my blog this evening, I thought to myself, "What in the world am I going to say about my future relationship goals? Do I even have any?". So I did what any self-respecting Millennial would do. I googled it. 

I tell you, BuzzFeed always delivers.

But in all seriousness, the only relationship goal I have right now is to more fully embrace one guiding principle: Quality over quantity. 

When I go to social gatherings, I want to be friendly and talk to all the people in the room; I like to be friends with all the people in my various life circles. Quite frankly, that's just not possible. And the older I get, the more I don't want to be friends with all the people in the room. I want to be friends with a smaller group of people who challenge me and inspire me to be a better version of myself. I don't want to spend extra energy on relationships that just don't serve my life goals. 

So, in 2018, I hope to spend more energy on the relationships that enrich my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment