Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Money Grows on Trees- Day Twenty-Seven.

I've never been very good at saving money. My father is the most frugal person alive, and my sister falls very close to that tree. I went the opposite direction. My theory is: if it makes you happy, get it!

This is frustrating for Tommy, who is good at saying no, living without, and generally not going to Target. He keeps very detailed records of every dollar we make, and where it goes. He will pause, mid vacation, to do the math as to how many dollars we have spent. He tends to be very stressed out before doing this. I am the opposite. My theory is: if your credit card doesn't get denied, we're probably doing OK.

I've learned this year to pay more attention. To sit down with Tommy and look at where we are, mostly because it makes him feel better.

I think money will always be a struggle for me, but I am learning to think through decisions, make better choices, and to pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment