Saturday, December 30, 2017

2017 Recap- Day Thirty

Annie's Recap:

Tristinn and I blogged in a different format this year, which I enjoyed. It allowed me to think through ideas that I often don't spend much time intentionally considering. But it did leave some things to be desired for me, because I wasn't able to cover some events of the year like:

1. My first time buying a car
2. My job driving trolleys and giving historical tours of Asheville
3. Quitting my full-time job
4. Getting a dog
5. The death of my grandmother- my last living grandparent.

I have reached a point in my life where I am not interested in the surface. I want to get to the truth. I want to figure out my core beliefs and by what principals I am living my life. While I went through some major life events this year, those events don't make up who I am. 2017 has been a time of internal growth, and I am glad this blog was a reflection of that.

Tristinn's Recap

2017 was a memorable, tumultuous year. Even now, the last few days of 2017, I'm being pummeled by a cold. Ending 2017 with a bang!

For me, 2017 was really all about resilience. How do I keep pursuing my goals and values with excellence when life puts obstacles in your path? How do I remain optimistic when there is so much negativity? For me, the answer is focusing on the majestic and magical moments in my life. 2017 had so many great things like:

1) 2 months of Asian travel
2) Safety of the people and things I love (lots of other people didn't get that this year)
3) Interactions with amazing people from around the world via Couchsurfing
4) Time with family
5) Continued professional growth

Remembering the glorious is the only way to make it through difficulties and obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment