Sunday, December 17, 2017

Where to go from here- Day Sixteen.

I made it half the month without missing a day!

I am either a perfectionist, or I try 0%. There is no in between. My counselor has me practice reminding myself that even if I fail, even if I can't muster the will to try, I've still done the best I can. This feels like a lie every time I say it to myself but I think there is some truth. 

Sometimes, the best choice for me is turning off the news. Or, maybe the best choice for me is spending four hours researching levels of lactose in dairy production. Either one of those is the right choice.

I constantly feel the need to do EVERYTHING and fix EVERYTHING and make EVERYONE see things from my side. But that's not always possible. I can't always have the whole pie.

In 2018, I want to take a piece of the pie that I can handle. And this means staying caught up on issues in the world, as well as doing my part. I would like to donate to at least two causes I believe in a month, hopefully local causes. They can be the same month-to-month, or they can change based on need. And also, I would like to find somewhere to volunteer at least twice a month.

There is no reason to believe that I can change the whole world by myself. But there is reason to believe that I can make a difference in the community I am in.

No comments:

Post a Comment