I watch a lot of YouTube. Like, I don't watch TV unless I'm with Tommy. I just watch YouTube. I would call it a hobby, but that is probably an understatement. For this blog post on hobbies and interests I have put together a list of YouTubers that I have been pretty invested in this year. Some of these I am a little embarrassed about, but the time for embarrassment is over. It's time to be PROUD.
If you choose to watch some of the YouTubers I add to my list, please watch more than one video. For many of these people, they Vlog as their job, and it's about context and making connections. If you try one of these channels and like it, or not, let me know!
So here we go:
Casey Neistat.
He's a pretty clean vlogger- no swearing or anything. I would recommend starting with some of his most popular videos. Specifically this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxfZkMm3wcg. He has some of the best cinematography of anyone on this list, and the story of his life is crazy.
David Dobrik
This is one I'm embarrassed to like so much. I'm 28, aren't I too old for this. But, he is hilarious and his videos are short. If you like his vlogs, there are ten other people I can recommend, because he is in the "Vlog Squad". His girlfriend is Liza Koshy- she is a super popular YouTuber. Start with these two videos:
John and Hank Green
This was the first YouTube channel I got into. Way back in 2012. John Green wrote The Fault in Our Stars, and he and his brother have been making YouTube videos since 2007. You can really start anywhere with them. They are people I turn to when the world is too much. There also do a podcast that I love: Dear Hank and John. It's a comedy podcast- about death!
100 Days
This is a completed series, but it's by John Green (see above) and his best friend Chris. They decide to work out for 100 days straight. I loved this series more than anything else in 2017. Start at the beginning and work forward.
Worth It
This is a series put out by Buzzfeed. Choose any one and watch it. You'll get what they're doing.
Crazmaro
You know how everyone and their dad has a YouTube channel? Well, in this case it's true. My dad has his own YouTube channel. He talks to the camera like he as an audience of 10 million, and not ten.
No comments:
Post a Comment