Tuesday, January 30, 2018

January's Report

Tristinn's Report

1) Sip for Peace 2018 - This went very well. I really enjoyed drinking tea every evening and being inspired by interesting people from around the world.

2) No Sugar January - This went decently well. I did eat sugar on a couple of days, most notably this AWESOME mousse in honor of the Woman's Day March...
I also ate fruit snacks on a day that was FULLLL of meetings. Meetings can break the strongest of wills.

3) No "Stuff" Buying - I can proudly say that I didn't buy anything on my "no-buy" list. I did buy a couple of things...and then afterwards decided they should be ADDED to the "no-buy" list, chapstick being one of them.

4) Read 2 Books - Book #1: Food Rules & Book #2: The Martian Chronicles


Image result for food rulesImage result for The Martian Chronicles



In addition to the goals I set for myself in January, I did a couple of other notable things.

5) Participated in the Woman's March on January 20 - I enjoyed listening to inspiring speeches and seeing my community leaders up close in person. But to be honest, the best part of the march were the majestic signs.

6) Japanese - After talking about it for two years, I finally started taking Japanese. It's good to be a language learner once again.



Annie's Report:

1. Sign up for a 10k: I did not do this. I found one I want to run, and it's a half marathon, not a 10k. It's the Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon. And it's Memorial Day weekend, so I have some time before I need to sign up, but I have chosen what I want to do and that's half the battle. 

2. Find a way to be involved in the community: I started student-teaching this month, and didn't think I would have energy to spend on anything else so I decided to give money instead. I set a budget of $50 for the month, and have been spending it $5-10 at a time to different causes. But then! An opportunity fell into my lap and I now spend every other Friday afternoon taking care of cats looking for homes! I am so excited about this!

3. No sugar in January: This has been surprisingly easy! I haven't had a lot of temptation to eat sugar, though it's been around. I did have a "sugar day" where I had a mocha from Starbucks and a vegan cookie, but other than that I'm very proud of myself.

4. Head towards veganism: This was the biggest task on this list, it involved changing almost every habit I have. But, I can proudly say: I am a vegan. Giving up most dairy-based products was easy, the one I struggled with the most was yogurt. How can I not have yogurt every day?! I spent about two weeks trying every non-dairy yogurt I could, but it turns out they are all made of literal garbage. So, I just stopped eating yogurt all together- and guess what! I didn't die!

In addition to the goals I set for myself, I did a couple of other notable things.

5. Read three books: Attachments was my favorite! One Second After has made me a doomsdayer. And The Walking Dead is both nothing, and everything like the TV show. 

 .           
6. Participated in the Women's March on January 20th: And I agree with Tristinn, the signs were the best part!









No comments:

Post a Comment