Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Day 1 - One Year Later

At the end of last year, Annie & Tristinn made predictions about each other's lives. Let's see how well we did...


~ Tristinn ~

Yes, it's true. I have staunchly refused to give in and install the menagerie of social media apps available. And, I still firmly believe they are stupid. Many of my friends worry about my relevancy in a social media world...


There was a European trip...just not with Annie & Tommy. Turns out sister's graduation trumps a European vacation. But don't worry, Annie & Tommy lived vicariously through Alex and I as we wandered around Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, and Denmark. To make up for our missed trip, the four of us went camping in the Olympics instead. Yay Tommy's first real camping trip!


Alex and I tried our best to have real fights, but yes, Tommy & Annie's skills are still superior. The best we could do was to create a poster charting our individual "ridiculousness". Alex is definitely winning.


As for the prestigious university recruitment, the speaking gigs, and the walking trip from Maine to Seattle on the beach, they will just have to wait.


Finally, I have been trying my best to be bigger and bolder. My most notable accomplishments of 2015 include: teaching in Japan for the summer, repeatedly drinking my body weight in tea, failing a student for plagiarism, moving for the 600th time and going to all the weddings. So far, the year has been good.

-Annie!-

Every time a foster kitten or cat comes into our home, I look at Tommy and ask, "Can we keep this one?" So far the answer has been 'no'. Or some argument about how we are gone too much, and who is going to take care of the new cat? And we don't have time. We recently listened to a book about a couple who started an animal rescue in California, but they kept more dogs then they re-homed. They had 42 dogs. This is my dream. But thus far, we just have the Puff, and she is very popular on the Instagram. 

I would like to say that 2016 was the year I wasn't fired, but that wouldn't be quite true. Almost. But not quite. Next year I will break this three year-streak. Currently I work in a job where I can wear yoga pants and it ain't no thing. I love my job, and yoga pants. 

I go to Starbucks once a week. My office-mate and I take turns purchasing the weekly joy. I'd rather buy gifts for Puff on the weekend than buy thousands of calories every day. 

Alas, Annie and Tommy did not go to England with Alex and Tristinn. Instead Tommy and I went to Oregon and Walla Walla to see Katie graduate from college. It was delightful, and at some point there was diamonds... Magic.

2016 has been a good one, currently Puff is chasing a bug around so I think she agrees. Now, does anyone have a blog idea for tomorrow? 



1 comment: