I have been in school since August. I have been taking three classes, microeconomics, macroeconomics, and comparative political science (or something, I can't remember.) The latter two have been fine. I enjoy government and history related things. I enjoy theory, and big picture things. But micro, micro has been what is wrong in the world. Nothing makes sense, math is impossible, I do not care about one transaction at one company. But today something glorious happened. I FINISHED THE QUARTER. I am done with micro FOREVER. (Unless I fail, which isn't out of the realm of possibilities.)
At the elementary school where I work they are very focused on the Leader in Me, or the Seven Habits of Happy Kids.
They are as follows:
1: Be proactive
2. Begin with the end in mind.
3. Put first things first
4. Think win-win
5. Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
6. Synergize
7. Sharpen the Saw
The habits are drilled into the kids during the day. They recite them constantly and sing a song, and learn how to practice them. So every time I have sat down over the last three months to do my micro homework, I have had these habits in mind. Mainly begin with the end in mind. Why am I doing school? What do I want to achieve? What is the goal?
So as much as my brain screams and begs for it to be over, I know I am doing this for a reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment