Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Day 16 - Fly to the Moon and Back

I recently purchased a new phone and as many of you know, when you purchase a new electronic device, there is quite an initial time investment as you transfer data, reorganize, and familiarize yourself with a new design and layout. On the day that I purchased the phone, I spent about 3 hours getting it all set up and personalized the way I wanted it. Since then, there have been a few occasional projects to work on, including today. Today's project was to research how to sync my Google Tasks with my Google Calendar app on my phone. To my dismay, and many other angry internet forum users, this ability to sync does not currently exist (at least without getting a 3rd party app). How is that possible?? We can travel to the moon and back (Literally!), and I can't sync my To Do list and my calendar, even when they are made by the same company?? Dumb.

In order to distract myself from my deep syncing disappointment, I googled "Best Apps". I read through a few articles before stumbling across one recommending Carrot, a productivity-with-a-twist app. After reading about it, I decided I wanted to download it to see what it was all about. To my Horror, it's only available for Apple products. My new phone does not happen to be an iPhone. How is it possible that an app this popular is only being made for one device type?? We can travel to the moon and back (Literally!), and I can't purchase an app because I have an Android?? Dumb.

In order to distract myself from my deep App disappointment, I decided to check Amazon Shipping to see when my new phone case would arrive. I had ordered it the week before and assumed it would be arriving soon. Current Estimated Ship Date? January 22. How is it possibly that it takes a month and a half to ship an $8 phone case?  I could swim to China faster than this case is moving. We can travel to the moon and back (Literally!), and I can't get a phone case in a timely fashion? Dumb

Bottom Line = Technology isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

Here's a picture of the moon to make you feel better about your technological life:

No comments:

Post a Comment