My grandpa's passing has caused all of us to spend some time thinking about how we want to die ourselves. Are our finances in order? Do we want to be buried or cremated? How do we want to be remembered? Do we want a service?
In all honesty, I rarely think about my own death. It feels very far away, and hopefully, it is. The only thing I think about in regards to my death is this: I want my death to be inspirational. I hope my death causes people to think about their own lives and pushes them to SOMETHING - preferably eat something delicious, travel somewhere fabulous, or change the world for the better.
There's only one catch to my glorious plan. The only way my death is going to cause that kind of inspiration is if I've lived up to it myself. This moment is a part of the legacy I will leave when I'm gone. So, the moral of the story is something we all know but needs to be said every once in a while: Live your life the way you want to be remembered.
No comments:
Post a Comment