Sunday, December 20, 2015

Day 19 - Illusion

Seriously, you can't control everything. For example, I cannot control what topics Annie makes me write about. If I could, control would not have made my list.

I like to control things. Just like every other person on this planet. One of the ways I like to control my environment is to create lists. Seeing information in such an organized way gives me the illusion that I have more control than I really do. In honor of a false sense of control, I give you some lists

Things that I would like to control but do not
  • The weather
  • How much time I have in a day
  • Other people's decision making
  • The urge to buy new pens
  • The amount of time I spent doing things I shouldn't

Things that I pretend to control
  • How much sleep I get
  • What I wear
  • What I eat
  • How much grading I have to do
Control = Not a thing we really have

No comments:

Post a Comment