Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas! -Day Twentyfive!

I love starting my day by watching the news. My alarm is set for 6:45 every morning so I can start my day with Good Morning America. It's the right mix of fluff and news.

Straight news bums me out, shootings, hunger, loss, fighting. I can't do it. So I watch and read news where it's cushioned by happy things.

I haven't always been this way, I've always been a fan of the truth and laying it out on the table. But as I have gotten older and more aware that people are bad and there is not much I can do to change it, I want my news given to me in a nice way.

I have a problem with the way politicians respond to things like mass shootings. And when they happen I appreciate websites like The Onion. For the past several years The Onion has used the same article over and over again as a response to mass shootings, they just change pictures, names and dates.  HERE is an example from 2014, and HERE is an example from 2015.

I am not like my parents who watch hours and hours of news. I like a short half hour of stories that keep me informed. Maybe someday when the country responds to things rather than just talks about them I will be able to deal with a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment