Friday, December 11, 2015

Back on Track- Day Ten.

I finished school yesterday! It's been a tough couple of months balancing working a new full-time job and doing homework.
And now the question is, what's next?

This summer I was offered a teaching position at Tommy's school. Literally my dream come true. I quit both jobs, I started buying things, I flew to Florida for some specialty training. And when it all fell apart I was devastated. This thing that I have dreamed about for years was in my hands, only to be taken away so quickly.

But I am so fortunate, the Y took me back with open arms. I have been full-time since August, and I love it. I work with people mostly under the age of 30, they are all service oriented, and generally good humans. I am a part of a great leadership team, and I have been offered so many opportunities that I would have missed out on by stepping into the school system.

For as long as Tommy and I have been dating I have always said as soon as we can move out of the South I'm ready. But over the last few months those feelings have been changing. I have found community at the Y. I am being developed as a leader at the Y. That's nothing I am eager to leave.

So as school ends, and it is time to make next steps, I'm torn. I still feel that call to teach, but I am also thankful that working at Tommy's school fell through.

After three firings in three years it's hard to feel confident about anything. But slowly by slowly I am starting to feel confident that I am going to end up somewhere great.

No comments:

Post a Comment