Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Day 8 - Sometimes Men Care More

Apologies for the late post. Life got in the way.

Today, I got Annie's Save the Date card in the mail. Aren't they cute?





Their wedding website is also cute. When I asked Annie about it, she said Tommy had done the whole thing. I think it's rather noteworthy for the groom to put together the entire website. I can definitely see Tommy working diligently on the website while Annie reads the internet on the couch 10 feet away from him. I can see him asking her for an opinion to which she responds, without getting up from her seat, "Great, I love it." Tommy would sigh and continue working. 

Turns out men sometimes care more about wedding websites than women. 

Alex also has opinions about weddings. It has been his distinguished honor to accompany me to about a hundred weddings over the past couple years. The current trend is to have the bridesmaids wear similar, but non-matching dresses. At every wedding where this has occurred (i.e. all of them), Alex has leaned over and told how much this offends his noble sensibilities. I smile and roll my eyes a little in amusement (In truth I'm not a fan of "wear whatever you want up there" that much either. It is a wedding after all.). My roommate Bianca recently found out about Alex's bridesmaid preferences and decided to make it a personal challenge to convince him that non-matching dresses were acceptable. She accosted him at potluck last week and spent several minutes showing him photos and laying out solid arguments for her case. In the end, Alex agreed that if there was a set color palette and the bridesmaids wore coordinated dresses within that palette, then non-matching colored dresses were acceptable. Bianca considered this her personal triumph of the week. 

Turns out men sometimes care more about bridesmaids dresses than women. 

The internet also has a lot to say about this subject. The Huffington Post, New York Times and others (I found GroomGroove the most interesting and informational of the sites I pursued) seem to think the tide is changing - Men seem to be more involved with their weddings than in the past. Men are expected to play a larger role in wedding planning and they seem to be rising to the challenge. 

Turns out men care about weddings, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment