I'm going back to North Carolina tomorrow. I'm not overly thrilled about this life update. Tonight while I packed my cutie-patootie boyfriend (I have one of those. Is this a thing I should have blogged about?) judged the way I pack via Skype- he's very organized, I'm more of a if-it-zips-we're-good kind of packer.
After I wandered back down to rejoin the family and play some Candy Crush (level 77!) My mother made the comment: "Can you double check you have everything for tomorrow, please don't pull an Annie and make us come back because you forgot 14 things."
I like to think of myself as spontaneous. I moved to North Carolina on a whim! But I think the reality of the situation is that I am one of those less flattering synonym cousins of spontaneous like, impulsive, reckless, or rash.
Over the summer I was stressed about a lot of things, and I had a lot of things to accomplish. Tristinn sat me down and had me make several list of tasks, now tasks, tomorrow tasks, and sometime soon tasks. After I made the lists we went to work crossing things off. I really like this lifestyle. The organized and planned way of thinking, but more often than not, I am not this way.
I often think about all the things I "should" be doing and I become stressed, the future is a blurry fuzz at this point. I feel the need to make lists, or distract myself with an Intervention marathon. But maybe that's fine. Maybe this possible "should" and planner life is keeping me from living my best life now. I enjoy my job, my boyfriend, my everything. I agree with planning for the future, but I have six months left at Fletcher and I am going to make them fabulous. I'm working towards goals, and right now the only thing I need to worry about is getting this blog up, and for right now that's good enough.
Moral of the story: This thought process of if-it-zips-we're-good invades more than just my packing. Spontaneous is good, balance is better.
No comments:
Post a Comment