Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Day 16 - Destinations

So after reading Annie's blog yesterday, my only thought was "I would love to be having travel issues!"  I seriously considered just writing "I wish I was traveling" as today's blog entry and leaving it at that.  But I decided that I'm better than a one-sentence blog entry.  

So here it is:

I spent a solid couple of hours today planning for my trip to Brazil.  I've read before that people get more pleasure planning a vacation than actually taking one.  Not me (although I do really love the planning).  A traveling desire just isn't fulfilled for me until I see, smell, taste, and feel that new environment.  So as I read Annie's blog yesterday, I thought back to my travel experiences. The exhaustion and frustration you feel after traveling for literally days and how you wish you could make good decisions but your brain just doesn't function anymore. And then....AND THEN you finally arrive.  You experience that new place for the first time and everything you did, all that work you put into planning and getting to your destination, is worth it.  

MORAL OF THE STORY: Sometimes it IS about the destination.


I mean really, how else can you experience a flooded tunnel?

And when else would you ever eat a can of tuna with a comb?

Or climb INTO a tree?

Or just have an awesome time with awesome people?

No comments:

Post a Comment