I live here.
When I was little, the beach was a place you went to once every other year on a vacation. It was a rare and beautiful place. Even after moving to the Northwest, I still thought of the beach as some mystical place you visited infrequently. It wasn't a place you could go visit any time you wanted.
Seattle is full of water....and beaches. In fact, I have to cross Lake Washington every day when I travel to school. I just haven't gotten over the fact that the beach (and water in general) is a place I can experience every day. It is no longer a mythical vacation destination. It is daily life. This is where I live.
I have lived in seven rooms, five cities, and three countries over the last six years (more if you count my forays at summer camp). I have packed and repacked all my stuff so many times. I have shoved my life into a two, carefully weighed suitcases various times in my life. All the moving and transition is beautiful, but it's exhausting.
I have lived in Seattle for almost a year and a half. That's the longest I've gone without having to put my stuff in boxes since I graduated from high school. It's a wonderful feeling to stay put, to have a place where you belong for more than just a moment. Realistically, there's a good chance I will put my stuff back into boxes in the near future so that feeling may not last for long. I may go somewhere far away, off on the journey for something new. But for now, I live here.
MORAL OF THE STORY: Love the moments of transition, love the moments of stability.


No comments:
Post a Comment