Let me tell you, I almost died. Now 48?!?! those of you who weren't hip and trendy in the 90s, the "Now That's What I Call Music" disks are compilation CDs that feature the latest and greatest hits. They were very popular when I was in...4th and 5th grade. I mean, you couldn't just go online and download a favorite song. No, you had to buy the whole album and wade through 11 terrible songs until you got to the one good one. The Now CDs were a godsend. (And I definitely own Now 4, 5, 9 and 11 just in case you were wondering.) As I stared at the poster, I wondered, "Why are they still making these CDs? Didn't iTunes replace them functionally like five years ago??"
I don't know why someone is still making !!CD!! compilations when there seems to be no need for them. Even though they don't make sense, it did make me smile to see the Now 48 CDs sitting on the shelves. My childhood is alive and well!
MORAL OF THE STORY: Enjoy the moments of childhood nostalgia whenever they come your way.

No comments:
Post a Comment