Friday, December 13, 2013

Day 13 - Giftopia

Earlier this week I went into school for a meeting.  The meeting only took an hour so I decided to go to the mall for like an hour to start to get inspired for Christmas gifts.  (At that point I had literally bought Zero Christmas gifts.)  I got to the mall and something happened - I hit my shopping stride.  Instead of spending an hour in the mall, I shopped for six hours and came out with almost every single Christmas gift purchased.  It was like a small Christmas miracle! Usually Christmas shopping takes days.  Here is a picture of the sum total of my purchases:

However all this shopping got me thinking.  "Why do we create these self-imposed gift giving days?" I think it would much easier to buy gifts for people throughout the year whenever I saw 'the perfect gift' for that person.  My sister's thought on the subject is that it wouldn't be fair - some people would get more gifts than others if we didn't have gift-giving holidays. I suppose she's right. Some people are just easier to buy for than others.  Not more deserving of gifts, just easier.  


I guess gift-giving holidays are here to stay.  But why limit gift-giving to just these days? Giving random gifts is such a fun way to surprise people and show them that you care. My new goal?  Give more gifts just because.  

MORAL OF THE STORY:  Give more gifts just because.  

No comments:

Post a Comment