Thursday, December 19, 2013

Day Nineteen- NO BUT REALLY.

I literally have the greatest people in my life. Being reuinted with all the good ones this week has been literal magic. I'm in Seattle with Tristinn for the weekend, at some point we'll probably do a joint blog day. But for now I just want to write two stories from the past few days, because the people in my world are magic. 

On Monday I spent an afternoon with Danny Brandes. We're weirdly close, I don't know how it happened. We took downtown Portland  by storm. We almost met the mayor! We made loud, rude jokes inside the Portland Art Museum and did lots of yelling on the streets (OK, that was mostly me). The point is: MAGIC. 
The day took a dramatic turn though when I started to feel SO sick and eventually threw up all over the outside of Danny's car. SO HORRIFYING. But Danny took it in stride and laughed it off as I then proceeded to shiver so hard I gave myself a headache. The kid drove me all the way home when it was so out of his way and then drove my father back to pick up my car. I assume they talked about Danny marrying my sister since my parents think Danny is some sort of demigod. 



The Williams sisters are the best gift givers ever. There is no comparison. Just. Oh my word. Today, Triss gave me my Christmas gift: a poster sized version of my favorite picture in the world, from one of my favorite days this year. BEST GIFT.  


I don't know how I got so lucky to have this group of people who accept me back so easily after I have been away for so long. This group has living inside of my computer screen for months, they include me in vespers, and e-mail me articles, and text me stories, but nothing can compare to being in person.
Triss and I spent the day out and about visiting some of my favorites (BERTY!!!) and this weekend will continue to be one big people-fest. It's going to give me the energy to go back to my North Carolina life. 

Triss and I were talking about personalities today and where we fit. I looked up the sanguine/choleric/melancholic/phlegmatic personalities and below is the description for sanguine people: 

"The sanguine temperament is fundamentally sociable and pleasure-seeking; sanguine people are impulsive and charismatic. They tend to enjoy social gatherings, making new friends and tend to be boisterous. They are usually quite creative and often have many ideas. Sanguine personalities generally struggle with following tasks all the way through, are chronically late, and tend to be forgetful and sometimes a little sarcastic. Often, when they pursue a new hobby, they lose interest as soon as it ceases to be engaging or fun. They are very much people persons. They are talkative and not shy. Sanguine people are warm-hearted, lively and optimistic. They have been called "people-oriented extroverts.""

Moral of the Story: I am so SO sanguine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment