Thursday, December 19, 2013

Day Eighteen- Internet for ALL!

When I was younger I believed there was an end to the internet. I believed if I clicked on enough random links I would reach the end of it. Fifteen years later I have learned this is impossible.
I sit in the office at work and sometimes there isn't a lot going on. During these moments of quiet I explore the internet. The following are a few of the things I have come up with as favorites during my wanderings.

Geo Guessr
This is a super fun game. It drops you somewhere in the world where Google Street View is a thing and you have to figure out where you are.

Wheel of Lunch
For those of us who are bad at decisions or want to try something new.

Map My Run
I don't run outside in North Carolina, but when I used to live in Walla Walla I loved tracking my runs and creating new routes. They do fun design contests too- you draw something using streets- so cool!

17 Personal Essays
I mean, I love BuzzFeed as a whole, but I've been working my way through these essays. I remember last year in my writing class Lamberton talked about the importance of reading the writings of others.

Thought Catalog
Some of these essays are so good. Just look around.

Weird Things Customers say in Bookshops
This is one of my favorite blogs.

Mind My House
This is literally my dream. Traveling and staying in the homes of strangers while they are away? Heck yeah!

Bubble Spinner
And last but not least, an old favorite. This is my go-to during down times when my brain needs a break. The kids judge me sometimes for doing it a lot, but whatever. I love it.


The point is, the internet never ends. Now you know what some of our favorite things are, what are yours, dear reader?

No comments:

Post a Comment