I spent 20 minutes getting dressed today and still looked like I was 12 years old when I was done. I'm definitely not qualified to dress myself.
I spent 20 minutes today walking up and down the Ave (the main avenue with lots of restaurants near the University of Washington) trying to decide where to eat lunch and out of all the delicious foods to choose from, I ended up eating broth, BROTH. I'm definitely not qualified to feed myself.
I have to start putting together my CV and cover letter so I can apply for jobs in the near future and I barely managed to turn in my Phonetics project on time. I'm definitely not qualified to be a full-fledged adult.
![]() |
| My attempt at full-fledged adult-ism. So far, not good. |
I don't think I'm qualified for most of the things I do.
But perhaps life isn't about being qualified. Perhaps it is, rather, about being willing. I've had many people say to me "Thanks for being willing to..." but I've never had anyone tell me "Thanks for being qualified for...". As a teacher, I've never graded students based on their grades and accomplishments in other courses (i.e. their qualifications). I only look at their willingness to learn in my classroom and the effort they put forth to do so.
I don't think I'm qualified for most of the things I do. But I'm always willing to try, learn, grow, and embrace.
MORAL OF THE STORY: Perhaps in the end of all things, it is actually willingness that makes the difference between the people who are "qualified" and those who aren't.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment