A year ago, I ended my TrAnnie Blog-A-Thon with the word FOCUS. Hmm...
Over the last year, I've been FOCUSED on several things. At work, my FOCUS has been to learn to embrace, dare I say excel at dealing with confrontation. In my relationship, my FOCUS has been to communicate more clearly. Regarding myself, I've FOCUSED on traveling as much as possible. That's been working well, too.
But to be honest, everything about living in the 21st century tears me away from FOCUS. "Normal Life" is about doing, changing, and absorbing as quickly and as much as possible. It's not about slowing down, savoring, narrowing or stopping. In reality, the biggest thing I've learned about FOCUS over the last year is how unprepared and ill-equipped I am to do it. I never took a class or anything like that to prepare myself to FOCUS...until now.
My biggest step towards FOCUS was taking an online course about mindfulness. In fact, I took it twice. (You can take it in February as well if you wish). Learning how to cultivate and practice FOCUS has been amazing. It really can change your life. Rest assured you will hear more about mindfulness during the rest of this month.
~ Tristinn
The word I ended 2015 with was TRY. That was my goal: TRY. Here is a short list of things I have tried in 2016: marriage, sushi, cycling, therapy, school, Black Friday shopping, school bus driving, being late, being early, going to the ER having multiple cats, voting for a woman-president, watching an entire TV show in one sitting. All of these things have had a varied result, some definitely more successful than others. As we embark of this fourth year of December-blogging, I have more and more to be thankful for. The Annie of four years ago had the same amount of anxiety, but was in a very different place in life. The things I have to be thankful for could very well span the alphabet.
~ Annie
No comments:
Post a Comment