So yesterday was my day to post and it was quite the day. On Monday morning I had been drinking my coffee and watching Gilmore Girls like normal when all of a sudden I went blind in one eye. Everything was blurry and there was a flashing light in my eye. It lasted for a half and hour and then went away. Weird. I was left with a headache and nausea for the rest of they day.
Yesterday, it happened again. Double weird. I called my doctor, but they were at lunch, so I decided to run over to urgent care to see if they could figure it our real quick (ha!) before I had to run Afterschool. Urgent care told that either my brain was bleeding or I was having retinal migraines. They sent me to an eye doctor to see if they could figure it out. At the eye doctor they dilated my eyes, the doctor did her thing, and then they confirmed: I was having a retinal migraine.
I drove back to work half-blind and did the rest of my day with huge pupils and the world blurry. I tried not to look parents in the eye, as I didn't want them to think I was on some sort of drug. (Is that how that works?)
The moral of the story is that apparently now I have retinal migraines. The internet says they are caused largely by stress, which makes a lot of since given the time of year, finals, and my job. So here's to self-care, and being half-blind sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment