Monday, December 12, 2016

K is for Krispy Kreme and also Kelly

Did you know, they don't give out free doughnuts at Krispy Kreme when the light is on anymore-- it's true! A couple of weekends ago, on the way to dinner one Saturday night a friend and I drove past Krispy Kreme and the red light was on. I said: "The light means free! We have to go!!!" She didn't believe me, but I remember! I remember going to Krispy Kreme in Oregon and getting a free doughnut straight off the press! So warm! So fresh!

So my friend (Kelly) turns around at the next light and we go back to Krispy Kreme. At the drive-through Kelly asks: "Does the light mean free?" No, no it doesn't. That isn't a thing anymore. I get a doughnut anyway and pay for it. Actually, Kelly paid for it. And the doughnut I got was the warmest and freshest and most delicious doughnut I had ever had. It would have tasted better if it was free, but I guess it was because Kelly paid for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment