I have been married for a number of months now, and it's great. I really thought that nothing would change between living together and not being married, and living together and being married. And in a way it hasn't. Tommy is still always here, we still are working to figure out our household roles, we still put each other first.
But something has changed, and it's been big- at least for me. You'll have to ask him how he feels. But the sense of security that comes along with being married has been so good. Before we were married there was always that feeling of not knowing if our next fight would be our last. Even though I know Tommy would never leave, because we weren't married it was an option.
But that feeling of not knowing is gone. I know that Tommy will stay no matter what. I know no fight will be our last. I know that with him here I feel very secure to be who I am and to let him be who he is.
It's been a transition to saying "my husband". But at every stage in our relationship I've had a hard time. Calling him my "boyfriend" was hard, calling him my "fiance" was the literal worst. Husband is different. Grown-ups have husbands. I'm 27 and I have a husband. Oh my word. Am I a grown-up?!
All I know is that to our friends were the married people who like to go home early, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
No comments:
Post a Comment