Friday, December 16, 2016

O is for Oregon

Man oh man, do I love Oregon.

I love the green trees. I love the slightly crazy population. I love the coffee shop on every corner. I love how big, and yet how small it is. I love where my parent's house is. I love that it's an hour from the beach and a mountain. I love that there's no humidity. I love literally everything.

Tommy and I have spent at least a couple of weeks every year in Oregon, and it's just not enough. Every time we're there I am reminded that I want to live there! I want to live there now!

When people ask the story of how I ended up in North Carolina, I tell them I moved for a job right after college. The job ended up being literally the worst job, at the worst institution ever. But I met Tommy along the way. So what was supposed to be one year, has now been three.

Tommy and I talk a lot about moving. I need to finish school, but Asheville is not our forever home. Oregon is on the table. Teacher pay in Oregon is good, and though housing is expensive, it is relatively close to Asheville. Or, we could move to Northern Virginia. Be closer to Tommy's family. Both are OK options. But in my head Oregon is the place I belong. Oregon is the ideal, The Dream.

I don't know where Tommy and I will end up, but, I suppose as long as we're spending a few weeks a year in Oregon, I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment