Saturday, December 26, 2020

Patience...and Impatience

I can be delightfully patient at times. Standing in line, driving behind a slow car, waiting for the next person to play in a card game...I'm mostly cool as a cucumber in all of these scenarios. However, the moment where I lose it is 100% during TV commercials. Thank the maker that I rarely have to watch commercials these years, but I still find myself stuck waiting out a commercial (YouTube, etc.) now and again. It's frankly UNBEARABLE! God bless Netflix for pushing the streaming life where I can joyfully pay my way out of commercials.

I'm also impatient for lots of things in 2021. 
    I am READY to travel again.
        I am READY to see my friends again.
            I am READY to return to the Korean Spa.
                I am READY to move back to a place of more civility around the nation and
                the globe.
                    I am READY to focus my energies on real problems that matter (i.e.
                    equitable education,
climate change, multiple refugee crisis around the
                    globe,
homelessness, mental health...the list of worthy candidates is
                    pretty long.)

I can't wait to get started on these things. I have semi-patiently endured the worst that 2020 brought us, and I am impatiently waiting for better things in the imminent future. 

However, I know that these things can't be rushed. Of all the moments, now is the time to pull out your extra packets of patience and settle in for the long-haul. The longer our patience lasts, the safer our communities can be over the long-term. The longer we remain dedicated to securing the health & wellness in ALL of our communities, the more likely we are to succeed. 

So, I'm digging deep to pull out the next level of patience as we chug into 2021. I'm going to need it.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have ideas of where and how to apply this focus of energies on real problems that matter (i.e. equitable education, climate change, multiple refugee crisis around the globe, homelessness, mental health...? I would like to engage as well as have some ready suggestions when asked how to contribute.

    ReplyDelete