Annie's look back at 2019's goals:
1. Cook at least two new vegan meals a month.
- I definitely did not cook 24 new vegan meals this year. BUT, I did make quite a few. And Tommy and I found meals we LOVED and have made them over and over again.
2. Read 50 books, none of which will be written by white, cis-gendered, American men.
-I finished 50 books at the end of June, so I am trying to get to 100 instead. Also, not white men has been the best thing I've ever done.
-I finished 50 books at the end of June, so I am trying to get to 100 instead. Also, not white men has been the best thing I've ever done.
3. Run A RACE. A RACE. Why is this the hardest goal ever for me?
-I did this! I ran a 10k and it was great! I would like to do this again in 2020.
-I did this! I ran a 10k and it was great! I would like to do this again in 2020.
4. Less packaging. On food, on goods, just all around.
-I am making progress here. Definitely a journey with a lot of learning still to be done.
-I am making progress here. Definitely a journey with a lot of learning still to be done.
5. I am not going to Target at least four months out of this year. Starting with January.
-I did this! I actually completely forgot this happened, but I did it and it was so good. I should do this again.
-I did this! I actually completely forgot this happened, but I did it and it was so good. I should do this again.
6. Be mindful of the budget Tommy sets, and try to stay within my set limits.
-I asked Tommy how I did on this and he laughed out loud, so I'm guessing that's a NO.
-I asked Tommy how I did on this and he laughed out loud, so I'm guessing that's a NO.
7. Find a group. Maybe a book club? Or a racquetball league?
-I started volunteering at the humane society! Not a lot, but a little. Still working on the "group" thing
-I started volunteering at the humane society! Not a lot, but a little. Still working on the "group" thing
8. Book a trip for Tommy and me out of the country. (This is a stretch goal, so we'll see)
-Tommy and I did go to Oregon twice this year. But no plans for leaving the country yet.
-Tommy and I did go to Oregon twice this year. But no plans for leaving the country yet.
Tristinn's look back at 2019's goals:
1. Complete my "Go Big or Go Gold" Project in honor of my 31st Golden Birthday. This will involve lots of fun and uncomfortable things.
- I didn't do too bad at this. I technically completed 29 by October 31. Considering this was a very full year, I'll take that as a win.
- I didn't do too bad at this. I technically completed 29 by October 31. Considering this was a very full year, I'll take that as a win.
2. Save $8,000 towards buying a house one day.
- This went mostly well. I did save $8,000, but decided to spend it on a car.
- This went mostly well. I did save $8,000, but decided to spend it on a car.
3. Run a 15k by the end of the year. I've scheduled the 10k preparation race already!
- I ran two 10ks, but didn't have a chance to run a 15k. Perhaps next year!
- I ran two 10ks, but didn't have a chance to run a 15k. Perhaps next year!
4. Eat less sugar - No desserts and reduced added sugar for January.
- January's less sugar goal went well.
- January's less sugar goal went well.
5. Join a new group - maybe it'll be a tennis club or a bowling league. I'm not sure yet, but I'd like to try doing a new activity this year.
- This sort of happened. I changed jobs this year, so technically a new group...but not a leisure group.
- This sort of happened. I changed jobs this year, so technically a new group...but not a leisure group.
6. Try some online dating.
- I did this for a few months at the beginning of the year. An interesting experience.
- I did this for a few months at the beginning of the year. An interesting experience.
7. Get to a healthy BMI (Body Mass index) - This would mean losing 25-30 pounds for someone of my height and body type.
- I did not do this.
- I did not do this.
8. Use the Fabulous App to establish good morning and evening routines.
- I did this for much of the year and have definitely improved my routines.
- I did this for much of the year and have definitely improved my routines.
No comments:
Post a Comment