When I opened Twitter this morning I saw that "Martial Law" was trending. I didn't even click on it because I'm sure I don't want to know what is happening. If Trump was still president I might have taken a peek just to make sure I didn't need to flee into the mountains with my family, but in this case I was better off not knowing.
This got me thinking though. If I was president and I declared martial law, what would I want to do with that power? Here is a short list:
1. I want to go to the grocery store and make a mess. I want to throw things, and run down the aisles knocking everything to the floor.
2. I saw a Tik Tok recently about how one day a year we should be allowed to go into our neighbor's houses just to see what they look like, and I think this is a great idea.
3. I would go to the zoo and get in the otter exhibit just to hang out.
I am totally on board with a one-day-a year chaos day, probably no murder, but government sponsored chaos seems reasonable. I'm not sure what my tax dollars go toward anyway, so I may as well get to smash jars of pasta sauce at Safeway and let my taxes pay for clean up

No comments:
Post a Comment