Seattle Winter Weather has really set it. It can rain for 24 hours without much of a break. The sun goes to sleep at 4pm, and when it is awake, it's mostly hidden by clouds. Every week or two, we get a bright and sunny afternoon, but I've pretty much written off sunlight for four months.
I really enjoy this time of year. It's cozy and the hygge is strong. Hiking trails are empty, it's easier to go to bed on time, and soup dominates my meal-planning. It's also the best time of year for coffeeshop visiting.
The large local coffeeshop scene is one of my favorite things about Seattle. I'm confident I will never run out of new places to visit and experience. Today's post is being written at Boon Boona Coffee. The chain started in Renton, WA, but has a few locations throughout the city, including today's Capital Hill location. They focus on Ethiopian and Eritrean coffees.
I love spending time in cafes and coffeeshops for so many reasons. I love a warm beverage and who doesn't enjoy eavesdropping on an interesting conversation at the table next door? I'm currently listening to two guys share the trials and tribulations of dating - apparently one follows the motto "Show up and Initiate" and the rest will follow. Not the worst guiding principle I've heard.
I love the mystery of what playlist the barista will choose to play (today it's an eclectic mix of French pop), and you never know what the people watching will produce. Yes, the drink should be delicious (A small cup of coffee pretty much starts at $4 these days, so it better be delicious), but spending time in a coffeeshop experience is so much more than that.
So, if you haven't visited a coffeeshop in a while, perhaps it's time. At a minimum, you should be able to find a Starbucks. Look how many Seattle has downtown alone!
No comments:
Post a Comment