Sunday, December 31, 2023

A few of my favorite (Amazon) things

 I placed 157 orders on Amazon in 2023- which is honestly way too many and I may need to set myself a goal of Less Amazon in 2024. 

Regardless, here are seven purchases that made my life better in 2023. 

1. Furniture Savers

Our cats like to scratch the shit out of our furniture. Whether they are pretending that they are practicing for their futures as Parkour Super Stars or just stretching their backs, they love to dig their little claws in. Enter, Furniture savers: large clear sticky pages that go on the back of the couch so the cats can't dig their claws in. They work so well and since they're clear, you don't even notice them. 

2. Packing Cubes

I don't know why I didn't buy these years ago! They make packing and traveling so much more organized and compact. We have a trip coming up in a few weeks and I want to buy another set that have zippers to make the cube smaller once you have everything in. But, I cannot recommend packing cubes highly enough if you are traveling in 2024!

3. Magnet Pop-Socket








According to the teenagers, it is no longer cool to have Pop Socket on your phone. Maybe one of those suction cup pads, but that's it. But I, as a 34-year-old-lady, still needs something to hold on to. So when I am in the comfort of my own home, I have been using this magnetic pop socket, and it's a 10/10. It doesn't slip off, it's comfortable, and I can take it off when I leave the house. Does anyone really care if you have a Pop Socket? No. But if you are trying to stay cool in the eyes of 16-18 year olds, it's time to say goodbye to the permanent Pop Socket.

4. Field Trip Bag

I go on a lot of field trips, and I needed a bag that was comfortable, smaller than my school bag, and had a zipper. I bought this bag and have used it on several field trips, and I love it. Plus, each time, the teenagers compliment it, so I've got that going for me. And it comes in a bunch of colors! 

5. Treadmill Desk

Our treadmill is in the garage facing the wall and I get BORED. I bought this to put my laptop on, and I love it! It goes up and down, it's large, it attaches sturdily while also being easy to take off. 

6. Dog Hair Remover

Maybel is white and sheds like crazy, and our car has all black seats. We've tried 10 million products to try and get the hair out of the seats. But it's literally woven in at this point and is just part of the car. Until we tried this thing. It makes a terrible scraping sound, but nothing has been more effective at removing dog hair. 

7. Melty Bead Mat

This one might not be a universal problem, but I do melty beads a lot at school. And I had been ironing just on the raw counter in my classroom. The smell gave me a headache each time and I produced a big, melted stain over the course of many months. I didn't want to keep a whole ironing board in my classroom so I bought this little heat mat and it has solved all of my problems. I no longer feel like I am going to catch the building on fire/develop cancer from the fumes. 


What's your favorite thing you bought from Amazon this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment