When I adopted Puff in 2013 she became my first born. My soul child. The reason I live and breathe. And then a month later I met Tommy, who was nice but who will never replace Puff. We became a happy family of three. My favorite thing is being a family of three.
But sometimes three isn't enough and Puff needs a sibling: enter Otis. We adopted Otis in 2016. A 10/10 addition to our home. He and Puff loved each other from the first moment they met. They have been at a nonstop snuggle party since day one. My favorite thing is being a family of four.
But sometimes four isn't enough and I wanted a a dog! So Maybel came home with us in 2017. Captain Rule Follower. Chief of Afraid of Everything. Principal of Barking at Strangers. What fun! The great news is that everyone gets along. We can coexist. My favorite thing is being a family of five.
But sometimes five isn't enough. And a few months ago I got an itch for something orange. So everyday I would check the Oregon Humane Society website. I would send Tommy links to orange cats. I would apply for orange cats. I would get rejected because they got adopted before I got there. Enter, Franklin.
During the last week of August I got a text from a friend that said "I know you're looking for something orange. This guy is free, do you want him?" [picture attached]







No comments:
Post a Comment