Sunday, April 1, 2018

March's Report

Tristinn's Report

1) No "Stuff" Buying - I accidentally bought something on the "no buy" list. I didn't even realize it until after the fact. But, only one thing is probably okay.

2) Read 2 Books - I finished one! I'm not doing great in the book reading department, but I am reading lots of other things. I hope I can step it up in the near future.

Image result for precious and grace


3) No Packaged Food - This went reasonable well. However, it quickly became clear that it was hard to define "packaged". For example, I went out-to-eat and was half-way through my food before I started to question whether the food truck meal I was eating was considered packaged food. It was fresh, but definitely came in a package. Overall, it's nearly impossible to avoid all packaging, but a little awareness and intention can definitely reduce the amount of packaging that I buy.

4) Eat at the Table - This was hard....to remember. I didn't realize how many snacks, bites, and meals on the go I was really eating until this month. There is just so much to do and so much food around to eat that we tend to eat without even realizing we are eating. There were definitely times this month where I chose not to eat something because I didn't want to go sit and eat it at the table. There were also times that I completely forgot about this goal and ate on the go or snacked without being at a table.

In addition to the goals I set for myself in March, I did a couple of other notable things.

5) Travel - I traveled to Arizona for spring break which was delightful. I believe travel is always notable.



Annie's March Report

1. Cooking: I pretty much failed at cooking. I made vegan eggs one time and they were disgusting. I don't even know how to describe them. But it was potentially the worst thing I've ever smelled/seen/tasted. 

2. Read Three Books: I only read two. But that's ok. I've been listening to a lot of podcasts

3. Half Marathon Training: This could be going better, but I've had the worst cough the last couple of weeks. It's been hard to breathe at times. I finished antibiotics this week, but I'm not better. I will probably go back to the doctor this week. 

4. Composting: No joke, 30 seconds after I published the last blog I told Tommy: "I am going to buy a composter on Amazon." And he said: "No." So we compromised and didn't buy a composter, or compost a single thing. 

All in all, not the proudest I've been of myself- but whatever. Life is life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment