Thursday, December 30, 2021

Wrapping Up 2021

A few weeks ago, I was on a Zoom call with my Study Group and Annie asked, "Aren't we supposed to be blogging or something right now?". Holey Toledo...I'd managed to completely forget that for 8 years, Annie and I have done some kind of blogging project in December. 

Forgetting an 8-year-old tradition pretty much exemplifies normal 2021 activity. Normal activities feel bizarre and foreign activities now feel normal. Masking to go anywhere, battle-planning any social gathering, getting "boosted" being a positive thing = normal. Traveling without worry, dining indoors next to strangers = bizarre. In spite of 2021 being COVID Act 2, there were some highlights:

Kayaking

I bought a kayak at the very end of 2020. During 2021, I got to paddle in a few interesting places and took a kayaking class.

Friending

I had some dynamite opportunities to spend quality time with friends. Whether it was on a vacation to Oak Harbor or Lake Tahoe, or a local party in Seattle, we managed to have a good time!













Familying

I was delighted to see my Hendrickson and Williams relatives TWICE this year. Once in Michigan/Nebraska, and once in Arizona. It's never boring hanging with these cool cats.






Dining

I ate some truly beautiful things in 2021. A small sampling includes cronuts, hotpot, and sparkly cappuccinos. 















Reminiscing

I just got back from a quick trip to Safford, AZ, the small town where I grew up. In some ways it has changed, in others, it's exactly the same. Cheers to appreciating your roots!















Well, there you have it team. 2021 was a bizarre, yet good year. I'm glad Annie made the grand move back to the west coast so that we can party in-person now and then. Sending all our Habibi in the new year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment