So, Tristinn and I forgot this thing- whoops. But, better late than never, here is my 2021 recap.
-This year was a big transition year. Tommy, Puff, Otis, Maybel, and I moved from Charleston, South Carolina to Portland, Oregon over the summer.
-I quit middle school and am now teaching high school. I teach social studies and a class called High School Success
-I read 200 books
-I kept a bunch of plants alive- though two have died since we moved to less-daylight Oregon.
-I threw up in five states
-I went to the dentist 15 times
-???I literally can't think of anything else.
I've tried to do as much as possible to rest this year. In Charleston that meant sitting at the beach as much as possible. In Oregon, that means doing adventurous things outside or sitting in the house reading.
To prepare for writing this year-in-review I looked back through photos and noticed this year was made up of small moments. Tommy and I trying new restaurants, or visiting new locations. Spending time with friends we didn't see during the first year of the pandemic. Driving to the beach at sunrise and staying just until the crowds started to show up. I loved the middle schoolers I taught last year, and I love my new job, but there is nothing thrilling or super blog-worthy.
Sure, selling all of our belongings and moving across the country was a huge undertaking and accomplishment. But in 2021 I am realizing that I love our life of little moments. The world is scary and tiring, but I am so happy to be living a life that allows for so many small joys.
| We spent four-five days a week at the beach before we moved |
| In the Badlands of South Dakota. This was in the middle of our cross country drive and right after we spent three days being the sickest we have ever been |
| My current classroom! It's huge and has so much natural light! |
| Standing in line for vegan BBQ for an hour in 40-degree rain is the most Portland-esque thing we've done recently |
No comments:
Post a Comment