Off to the May goals!
1) No "Stuff" Buying & Read 2 Books - The year-long challenge continues!
2) Exercise 150 Minutes a week - Winter has been wet, cold and generally unappetizing for about 9 months now. It has definitely had a negative impact on my jogging routine. But there have been hints that warm sunshine is on the horizon, so I'm planning to take full advantage of it by exercising at least 150 each week.
3) No eating after 8pm - My daily schedule is always varying, and sometimes I find myself eating dinner or snacking too late at night. So, no eating after 8pm!
Annie Looks ahead to May
1. Read Five Books. I only read one book in April. And the only reason I got through this book (picture below) was because I knew I wasn't going to accomplish my goal of three and I needed to get something done. It has a lot of pictures and I read it in two nights. But now! I am done with Student Teaching and I have a lot of free time. Five books here I come.
3) No eating after 8pm - My daily schedule is always varying, and sometimes I find myself eating dinner or snacking too late at night. So, no eating after 8pm!
Annie Looks ahead to May
1. Read Five Books. I only read one book in April. And the only reason I got through this book (picture below) was because I knew I wasn't going to accomplish my goal of three and I needed to get something done. It has a lot of pictures and I read it in two nights. But now! I am done with Student Teaching and I have a lot of free time. Five books here I come.
2. Minimize the waste. The big problem I had in April with my food waste was not the food itself, but all the garbage that comes with the food. The average person makes four pounds of garbage per day, and only thirty percent of recycling ever gets re-made/used for something different. My May goal is to minimize the amount of waste I create, and this will mean three things:
A. No more straws. So, I actually gave up straws at the beginning of 2018, I don't know why I didn't mention it. Straws cannot be recycled. Everyday 400 million straws are used and thrown away, they end up in landfills to sit for 1,000 years- or they end up in the ocean and a sea turtle chokes on it. So no more straws. I've gotten better at saying "no straw" when I order things. Below is a photo of every straw I have been handed, but not used, so far this year. For more information visit: https://thelastplasticstraw.org/
B. Junk Mail. My mailbox is always full of junk. My mom sends me a card twice a year, and I order a lot from Amazon. But, other than that it's pure junk. Unsubscribing from things that come to my e-mail is easy, but I have never tried to get out of paper junk. In May, I will try and figure out how to get out of getting junk from every piece of mail I get.
C. Plastic. Plastic doesn't recycle well, and there is so much of it. In May I am going to try and use as little plastic as possible. And I am going to keep track of how much I use.
3. Turning Vegan Up a Notch. I am a lazy vegan. Sometimes (all the time) making food is too difficult, so I just eat popcorn for dinner. My goal in May is to try two new recipes a week. I think this was a goal in February that I failed at, so I am going to try again!


No comments:
Post a Comment