Thursday, March 1, 2018

February's Report

Tristinn's Report 

1) No Sugar February & No "Stuff" Buying - Quite frankly, the no-sugar was disastrous. I did end up making my cake (and yes, it was majestic)...and it took an entire week of eating one piece per day to get rid of it. With that much sugar, it really didn't feel like a no-sugar month. Plus, I really had no motivation for the rest of the month. On the bright side, the no "stuff" buying went swimmingly.
The Internet Pretty Picture
Also my Cake
My Cake
2) Read 2 Books - This was also disastrous. I read, but I did not complete a single book. Yay for trying? Hopefully I'll do better next month.

3) Waste Audit - Behold! One month's worth of trash!



This was the most fascinating thing I did this month. I was quite successful in collecting my trash (I did recycle and compost what I could)...except for a couple of things. I realized about day 4 that I hadn't been keeping the paper towels I had been using to dry my hands in public restrooms, so I decided I wouldn't collect them at all. I also didn't keep gross things which included hair, lint, and period materials. Here is what I learned from this audit

#1 - The vast majority of my trash comes from food waste.



#2 - I eat a lot of granola bars.



#3 - Stickers are everywhere!



For March, I hope to make some changes in my purchases that will eventually reduce the overall waste I am producing. Stay tuned!

4) Arm Exercises - This went grandly. I completed my plan and even added to it. Wootness!

In addition to the goals I set for myself in February, I did a couple of other notable things.

5) History of English Podcast - I started listening to the podcast and am really enjoying myself. Take a listen!

Annie's Report:

1. Minimalism: This manifested this month as not buying anything, and not taking any free stuff (i.e. pens/water bottles/swag) that I didn't see myself using. This could be a fail, but I am proud of myself for not adding to the mess. The couple of things I did buy: a new workout shirt, a pack of markers, and a new collar for Maybel- filled a need. They were all put to immediate use, and have a purpose in my life.

2. Veganism/Sugar: I am a vegan! And I love it! This is the best thing I have ever done. I feel healthy, and I don't feel guilty that 100 animals a year are dying because of me. As far as sugar goes, look, it's girl scout season. I don't know what to tell you. Instead of using a "sugar day" I had several "sugar moments" where I ate a lot of cookies.

3. Read at least two books: I read three!!








No comments:

Post a Comment