At a recent gathering, Tristinn, I, and several of our friends played a game called "Priorities". It was a silly game where you were assigned random topics, things, or ideas that you put in order of priority. Then, the group decided what they thought your priorities were.
This got Tristinn and I thinking about our priorities in real-life. So here I am on year whatever-this-is to review what my 2025 priorities ended up being, and make some predictions about my 2026 priorities.
Here are my honest not-glamorous 2025 priorities
1. Screen Time: As much as I hate to admit it, I spend more time on my phone than doing anything else in the entire world. My average screen time last week was 6 hours and 5 minutes. The doom scrolling, news reading, Tik Tok watching got so bad this year that I downloaded two apps to restrict my access to things during the day.
Focus Friend: Have a little bean friend who makes socks while the timer runs. If you stop the timer early the socks disappear and your bean friend is sad! You can then trade your socks for home decor!
Screen Zen: An app that literally blocks me from selected apps at scheduled times. And I hate to admit it, but it works.
2. Cats: Of course, the three that live in our house are the priority, but this year we also started taking care of the feral cats that live around our house. We built outdoor houses for them, they show up twice a day for food, and at some point we started leaving a door open for them to use our garage as a cat hangout spot. Additionally, we got everyone spayed and neutered- five feral cats is enough! We didn't realize how much a priority these cats were until we were leaving instructions for our house sitter, and the feral cats took up an entire page of instructions. Just me and eight cats against the world!
I did end up with two pretty bad bites, and one tetanus shot, but that's show biz.
3. Travel: Maybe it would be more accurate to say "credit card points", as I spend a lot of time working on earning and spending points so we can travel as cheaply as possible. We did three countries and two states this year, and I want to double that next year!
Friday Harbor Scotland
4. Nachos: Every night Tommy asks what I want for dinner, and almost every night my answer is "nachos". We don't have nachos every night, but I do want them. When Tristinn was over recently she opened the fridge and said "oh wow, there is a lot of cheese in here".
5. Being at home: I know I just said travel, but if I can't leave the country, I don't want to leave the house, you know? Big in-the-house girl.
Ok, next up! 2026 wish-list priorities
No comments:
Post a Comment