Thursday, January 19, 2023

Goodbye, 2022- Hello, 2023!

Annie's Reflections:  

Well, I think we did a very medium job of blogging this year! Can't wait for year ten next December! 

I did not set any goals for 2022. Other than wanting to read 100 books, I went in to this year with just the intention to make it through. The 2021-22 school year was the hardest of my life and it felt overwhelming to add any other tasks other than "survive". 

I did read 180 books, so yay for me! 

This school year has been worlds better. I feel much more balanced, supported, and settled. And I feel like I can maybe set some goals for 2023. So here's a few ideas: 

1. Read less books. I know! But I feel like I put a lot of pressure on myself to achieve Numbers, that I skip reading longer books that I know I would love. I'll set me goal at 100 again, but this time I won't have a secret goal of 200 in the back of my mind. 

2. Leave the country. I submitted my application to renew my passport a few weeks ago, and I am leaving the country in 2023! 

3. Take better care of myself. For a good chunk of 2022 the goal was to take the easy way out. Get back to bed as fast a possible. Be entirely selfish. And while this meant I was able to go to school and be a professional all day, it meant that a lot of things were not accomplished outside of work. I would like to be a better version of a human in 2023!

4. Go to the doctor. This might fall under number 3, but I want it to be separate. I hurt my foot in 2019 and just never dealt with it, and now I'm in constant pain (hooray getting older). I have GOT to go to the doctor and deal with it in 2023! 

Ok, I think that's all for me. Happy, 2023! 

_____________

Tristinn's Reflections:

Wow, Annie, how did you and I manage to commit to something accidentally for 10 years? Good for us! I can't say Blogging 2022 was my finest work, but if you are working 50-60 hours a week, something has to give.

2022 was like climbing back to a sort-of-normal. I traveled, I worked in-person three days a week, and I returned to teaching occasionally. 

As you can see, 2023 has started with a VERY busy bang. I was unable to blog during the December holiday as I was in Vietnam (I know, rough!), but I'm making up for it now :). In 2023 I'd like to:
  1. Maintain positive healthy habits from 2022 and the pandemic in general - This includes regular running/yoga, good sleep hygiene, and time for leisure pursuits like language learning.

  2. Get a bit more serious about long-term career planning - I tend to take career planning as it comes. I don't currently have any long-term goals, but I think I'd like some. 

  3. Try new things - A few years ago, I did 30 new things in honor of turning 30. That was fun! I'd like to push myself by doing more new things this year.
Well, until next year. Happy New (Lunar) Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment